"Hello, My name is Melyssa. I am the writer of CrueltyFreeMakeupArtist (http://crueltyfreemakeupartist.weebly.com), a Canadian cruelty-free beauty blog. I am interested in buying from your company but would like to be assured that your products are cruelty-free. I have some questions I would appreciate you address. Please be sure to answer all of them as the answers you provide are very important to both my readers and myself.
1. Does your company test ingredients or/and finished products on animals?
2. Do you test ingredients or products on animals through a 3rd party? If your answer is no, how do you ensure that your manufacturers do not test?
3. Do your manufacturers test ingredients or products on animals?
4. Are you owned or affiliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals?
5. Do you have a parent company? If so who are they?
6. Do you/your parent company currently or have plans to market and sell your products in the Chinese market, which requires animal testing by law to sell in that country?
7. Do you use palm oil/carnuaba wax in any of your products? If so, is it from an organic and sustainable source?
8. Could you provide a list of all of your current vegan items available for purchase?
9. Can I post this information on my blog?
Thank you in advance for you cooperation!"
Their reply bugs me. Yes they give money to programs to help animals and at one point they were on the Peta No Test list (I couldn't find them though). But they also didn't answer the question. Most of the questions are Yes or No answers.
Thank you for reaching out to us. We are happy to hear you are interested in our make up products. For further information, you are more than welcome to review our social responsibility information located under "Company" on our main webpage. I have included a portion of it below in hopes of providing you with clarification to some of your questions:
American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA)
Just as their name suggests, their mission is to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals throughout the United States. Through various programs such as adoption, shelter outreach, legislative lobbying against puppy mills, the ASPCA has done so much to help our furry friends. Through this collection, we hope to raise $85,000 so that we too, can lend a helping hand to our furry friends. Visit www.aspca.org
To read the full Social responsibility link, check it out here: http://www.forever21.com/shop/ca/en/about-us
If you have any further questions/concerns, please call our customer service line at (888) 494-3837 or you may email us by visiting our website www.forever21.com. Click on the Customer Service link located at the bottom of the page then follow by clicking on Contact Us. Our representatives are available to take your calls and emails Monday through Friday, 5:00 AM to 6:00 PM, and Saturday through Sunday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time.
Forever 21 - Customer Service"