Let me try to answer your questions:
1. Does your company test ingredients or/and finished products on animals?
No, we do not test ingredients or finished products on animals and we have never done this.
2. Do you test ingredients or products on animals through a 3rd party? If your answer is no, how do you ensure that your manufacturers do not test?
No, we do not commission others to test our ingredients or finished products. We ask our manufactures/suppliers to give us a certificate for each item where they ensure that they do not test the ingredients/products on animals.
3. Do your manufacturers test ingredients or products on animals?
No, they do not
4. Are you owned or affiliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals?
5. Do you have a parent company? If so who are they?
6. Do you/your parent company currently or have plans to market and sell your products in the Chinese market, which requires animal testing by law to sell in that country?
No – we do not have plans for the Chinese market, it is not an option for us as long as they insist on animal testing ( I have however heard that the China’s Food & Drug Administration (CFDA) has announced that effective June 2014, China plans to remove its mandatory animal test requirements for domestically manufactured cosmetic products. So hopefully they will change this for imported products as well in the future)
7. Do you use palm oil/carnuaba wax in any of your products? If so, is it from an organic and sustainable source?
No we do not use Palm oil – but we do use carnauba wax. There is no certification stating that it is sustainable – but the process is very controlled in each step: The extraction of the Carnauba is ecological sustainable as it is only made annually pruning and it is free of any kind of pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers. The Carnauba palm is a free growing palm and you do not have to cut down the tree in order to get the wax – you only cut of e few leaves and the palm tree keeps growing until next years harvesting. A Carnauba tree gives only 100gram of carnauba wax per year. The Carnauba Palm tree grows only in a very small part of Brazil and it a very important income for the people living in this area.
8. Could you provide a list of all of your current vegan items available for purchase?
Yes we can – please see the list attached.
9. Can I post this information on my blog?
Yes you can – thank you very much for doing so
If you have any further enquiries – please let me know."
Yay, more brands that are cruelty free. Vegan list after the break.